Pre-nursery & K1 Application Guidelines 2022/23
1. Application notes
Our kindergarten has joined the ‘Kindergarten Education Scheme’ by the Education Bureau. If your child is admitted to K1 at our kindergarten in 2022, you must apply for the ‘Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission’. The application form is available at any Home Affairs Enquiry Centre or can be downloaded on the website of Education Bureau.
2. Application Requirements
- Hong Kong resident;
- Birth in 2019 – K1 Whole day class or Half day class (Morning Session);
- Birth in 2020– Pre-nursery PM class (N) (Admission Day: Aged 2 on or after1-9-2022).
3. Application Methods (No Application Limit)
4. Interview Arrangements
- All applicants will be Applicants must arrive on time and present your Interview Notification Letter.
- K1 Interview is on 13-11-2021(Sat)while Pre-nursery Interview is on4-12-2021(Sat).
- Online applicants will be notified of the interview date and time via email.
- Applicants who applied in person will be notified of the interview date and time immediately.
- Request for rescheduling or postponing the interview will not be entertained.
- Group interviews, including games and conversation, will be conducted which take about 20 minutes.
- Each child can be accompanied by one parent
- The interview is conducted in Cantonese. Please contact us at 2682 6933 if interpretation / translation service is needed.
- The interview procedure may be subject to change due to the pandemic situation.
5. Admission Requirement
- Interview performance;
- Residents in North District will be first considered;
- Applicants with sibling(s) currently studying at or who graduated from the kindergarten or members of Fanling Assembly of God Church will be first considered;
- Applicants from families in need will be prioritized when applying for the whole day classes.
6. Announcement of Admission Result
K1 and N1 applicants will be notified by mail on or before 26-11-2021and24-12-2021 respectively.
7. Registration Arrangements
- Successful applicants should complete the registration procedures from 6th to 8thJanuary, 2022 (“Centralised Registration Dates”) by submitting the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission” (hereafter referred to as “RC”) / “Kindergarten Admission Pass” (hereafter referred to as “AP”) to the kindergarten and paying the registration fee.
- Applicants on the waiting list should complete the registration procedures for their child when they are informed that the kindergarten has accepted their entries. Parents are required to submit the “RC” / “AP” to the kindergarten and pay the registration
- Please be reminded that if parents fail to submit the “RC”/ “AP” during registration, they may not be able to complete the registration for their Hence, parents are reminded to submit the application for the registration document to EDB within the specified period.
- The registration fee is HK$970 for 2022/23 K1 AM /N1 class and HK$1,570 for K1 Whole day class. If parents accepted the offer, the registration fee paid will be refunded in September. Should parents decide to give up the offer after registration, please notify us with a withdrawal letter. The kindergarten will return the “RC”/ “AP” as soon as possible but no registration fee is refunded. The offer will not be reserved after the “RC”/ “AP” is obtained.
【Note: “RC” / “AP” is not necessary in Pre-nursery registration.】
8. Further Information
- Should you have any enquiries, please contact 2682 6933 or browse our homepage : http://www.gracelight.edu.hk/
- EDB Contact Numbers: 3540 6808 / 3540 6811; Website: https://www.edb.gov.hk/en/index.html
- Profile of Kindergartens and Kindergarten-Cum-Child Care Centres: http://kgp2020.azurewebsites.net/edb/index.php?lang=en
- Hotline for Non-Chinese Speaking Students and Parents: 2892 6676.